Usually it’s the state Senate that leads on progressive issues, and the House of Delegates kind of drags its feet. Not this year. Republican leade...
The Oakton Cougars and Westfield Bulldogs met for the Concorde District Championship on Feb. 16 at Chantilly High School. The two teams split t...
Top Campaign Cash from the NRA $2,500 to former Del. Scott Lingamfelter (R-31) $1,500 to House Speaker Kirk Cox (R-66) $1,500 to Del. Michael Web...
1st Stage presents “The Farnsworth Invention” at 1524 Spring Hill Road, McLean. Performances through March 11, 2018. Thursdays at 7:30 p.m.; Fr...
- Be Part of the Pet Connection 0 comments
- Thanksgiving Church Service from Christian Science Church 0 comments
- Senior Living Special Focus edition publishing soon 0 comments
- Build Your Business with the Power of Trend: Masonite reveals the latest trends through whole home solutions 0 comments
- Russian Grand Ballet’s Swan Lake - first time in Alexandria for one night only! 0 comments
- The Connection HomeLifeStyle Real Estate and Remodeling Focus 0 comments
- Virginia Senate Might Torpedo Medicaid Expansion
- Gun Debate on Lockdown in Virginia
- Opinion: Letter to the Editor: Lives Are At Stake
- Opinion: Letter to the Editor: Solely Merit-based Admissions
- View from Coffin Corner
- Madison Warhawks Dominate Dominion
- Holiday on Ice
- Vienna Youth Volleyball Wins County Championship
- Finishing Diving Season With a Winning Record
- Oakton Otters Win Two Meets in a Row
- Opinion: Letter to the Editor: Disappointing Letter
- Opinion: Letter to the Editor: Congress’s Failure on Mass Shootings
- Opinion: Letter to the Editor: Terrifying Talk
- Editorial: Another Assault on Common Sense
- Opinion: Letter to the Editor: What Needs to Be Fixed?
Democrats still need to flip one more GOP senator to make it happen.
Democrats unable to gain traction on reform, despite new numbers in House.
When lawmakers arrived in Richmond last month, Democrats were hopeful that they would be able to use their new numbers to gain some traction on the gun debate. Now that the session is half over and the nation is reeling from yet another mass shooting, very little of their agenda has been accomplished at the Capitol.
‘The Farnsworth Invention’ at 1st Stage